Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yesterday progressively got better...
Sunday school statement of the day: God is faithful.

After a week of struggles and inconsistency and adjustment and questions I feel more at peace today. Much more at peace... I have decided after much prayer, conversation, and encouragement from my husband and Cory (have I mentioned there is a Bryan in there too... yup, three guys and a girl = whoo-hoo!) I have come to a better understand of my inital place here in Midelt.

For the next four weeks I am committing myself to the following:
1. Three one hour long walks each day, at the least... continuing to expose myself (in the proper sense) has been important to me since first coming here and now a commitment of action.

2. Next: three hours of language study a day. Whether it be from a book, Cory, neighbors, etc. I will study and hopefully learn and catch on... it's only a matter of time!

3. Finally, I will continue to treat others as Christ would. I will smile, greet everyone the same, laugh, and live my life here with single-minded obedience. I will follow Christ and diligently work to create around my "self" an atmosphere of grace, love, peace, and laughter. This is my commitment...

Following my four week commitment? I am not yet sure... we'll see!

I will be faithful.
- Jess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jess,
Once again you humble me.Your spirit brightens the pages of your blog spot. Of course we'll keep you in our prayers for catching on to the language and whatever asap.The people there have no idea what their missing in you,yet!Give Jake a hug for us.Glad your both feeling better.Your walking plan has inspired me,I'm copying:)Meg