Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."
~ Jack London

"Eventually, mind discovers that it's free, that it's infinitely out of control and infinitely joyful. Eventually, it falls in love with the unknown. In that it can rest. And since it no longer believes what it thinks, it remains always peaceful, wherever it is or isn't."
~Byron Katie

1 comment:

cory said...

awesome. i have always had trouble with Ash wednesday as an appropriate Christian symbol. mourning? really? we have a lot to be upset about, to be sure, but i don't think Jesus is part of it.

Ashes instead of Dust makes so much sense to me. thanks!